Secret method to Fix Samsung Galaxy S4/S5/S6 Back Button Not Working [100% Fixed]: The previous phones used to come with several buttons on them. Yes, there used to be at least one button on the front side of the screen to control the phone’s navigation. If you are a user of that older phone, you may also have to cope with the different minor challenges in that/these days. For this, here we are with the tutorial on How to Fix Back Button not working in Samsung Galaxy S4, S5, S6, and S7.
Not only the Galaxy S4/S5 and S6 but also the problem is found same on other models of Samsung and other brands. To get the problem solved, we have some methods to apply. Here’s how you can fix the Samsung galaxy s4 back button not working.
Samsung galaxy s4/S5/S6/S7 back button is not working
Method I – Turn Off Touch Key Light
The previous Galaxy phones like S4/S5/S6/S7 feature an option to turn off the touch key light. Yes, the navigation button of the Galaxy phones used to blink when you touch it. For this, if your Samsung galaxy s5 back button is not working, you need to check it once.
Here you can set the duration of the touch key light so you can find out the real issue regarding this. You can try once by turning off and on the touch key light.
- Go to the Settings and tap on the Display from there.
- Under Display, choose an option Touch key light duration. You can turn it off by tapping Always off/ Always On. Try both once.
- Let’s see.
Method II – Re-start your Device
If you can’t deal with the problem of the Samsung galaxy s6 back button not working, you can try restarting your device once. Yes, sometimes, the phone’s part may fail to work properly due to some bugs and system errors. Simply restart your device once.
Turn off your phone. Tap and hold your phone’s power button for a couple of seconds. It turns your phone off or asks you to choose an option like Re-start, Power off., and tap on Re-Start.
Method III – Enable Safe Mode
Safe Mode is one of the secured Modes that removes all third-party apps and other features from your phone. In short, it disables almost all the features of your phone to make it simple for your phone to work. In short, your phone is free from carrying heavy apps and other cache data.
The main reason to enable the safe Mode in galaxy s7 is to check whether the third party may not be the reason for the back button not working. Here’s the process to turn on safe Mode in Galaxy s6.
- Turn off your Galaxy s4/5/6/7, and then tap on the power button to turn on the phone.
- After pressing the power button, you must press the Volume down button until the SAMSUNG logo appears. Power Button and Volume – (Down) button at once.
- Here’s Safe Mode on your phone. You can see the mark of Safe Mode on the down left side.
- Now try on tapping the back button on your phone.
If your phone’s back button works in safe Mode, then it is clear that some apps on your phone hinder working the back button. So, find out that app and uninstall it. Also, you have an option to reset your phone.
Method IV – Wipe Cache or Factory Reset
Wiping the data is the ultimate solution to get rid of any software-related issues on the phone. If you are dealing with the Samsung galaxy s7 back button not working, you can either clear the cache or do a factory reset. Here’s how you can proceed.
- Turn off your phone.
- Press the power button and wait until the Boot logo appears (Samsung Logo).
- Suddenly, press the Volume+ button when the SAMSUNG Logo appears there. It takes you to recovery mode.
- Now go to the Wipe data/factory reset option from there. To scroll up and down, use your volume button. For down, press Volume -, Volume + for up, and Power Button to do Ok.
- Now, the resetting process begins. Wait until the clearing data process gets complete.
- Start finishing the phone like new and check whether the Samsung galaxy s6 back button is not working? If it works, then congratulations.
Method V – Using Navigation Bar Apps
Still unable to solve the Samsung galaxy s5 back button not working problem? Don’t worry and stop thinking about such hard steps. You can install third-party apps on your phone that work as a navigation button.
You can find the number of Navigation Bar apps for your Galaxy S5 to make it easy to navigate. So, what are you waiting for? Go to the play store and download the Navigation Bar for Galaxy s6 right now.
Method VI – Using System Repair Tool
Due to the unknown bugs and malware or system weakness, your phone may not be able to function all the features in the right way. For this, you can take the help of the System Repair Tool to get rid of this issue on your phone.
Using the System Repair Tool, you can take control over the phone and create all the changes as needed. So, it’s now easy to find out the problems in your phone and fix them.
Method VII – Visit Repairing Store
The final match for this issue is by checking the hardware status of the phone. Yes, the hardware problem is also to be noticed besides all of these. Yes, if there’s a problem with your back button’s plat component, there’s no way to fix it without taking it to the repair center. That’s why I am also recommending you go to the Mobile Repair Centre and fix the issue.